When people see my brochure, my business card or my letter head I get a lot of, “What does the HHC stand for?”. When I answer, “Holistic Health Counselor” it leads to a bevy of questions. I hope the following clarifies.
A holistic health counselor is:
· A qualified professional who helps one look at how all areas of his/her life are connected and how this affects one’s health as a whole.
· One who supports you and your family in finding balance and achieving health and wellness goals.
· A resource that provides tools and instruction on ways to live healthier lives and to develop better habits.
· A person with expertise in nutrition and wellness.
· One who can help navigate the world of contradictory nutrition information
· Integrates all different dietary theories to meet each individual’s/family’s food and lifestyle needs. No one diet works for everyone.
· Focuses on physical health, and also helps clients to improve other aspects of their (and their family’s) lives from food and lifestyle choices and implementing lasting changes that will improve energy, balance and health.
· Some of the most common health goals I encounter include: creating a “healthy” environment in the home, helping children to diversify their diets, appropriate nutrition to avoid or manage chronic illness, achieving optimal weight, managing allergies, picky eaters, understanding and reducing food cravings, improving sleep, maximizing energy and stress management.
· We do not dwell on calories, carbs, fats, and proteins. We work to create a happy, healthy life in a way that is flexible, fun and rewarding.
Please contact me with any questions or to learn more about what I do please visit me at http://www.andrearobbinshhc.com/